Emergency Meals for Seniors
Senior Resources is currently offering seniors (ages 60+) in Richland County the chance to pick-up 5 meals once per week. Meals are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Must be a senior citizen (60+) or taking the meal to a senior citizen and be a resident of Richland County.
- Must provide name, address and phone number at pickup.
- Only 2 meal packs allowed per car.
- Individuals are only permitted one pick-up per week.
- Each individual must show a state issued ID.
Scammers targeting vulnerable populations during covid-19.
United States Attorney General warned of several fraud schemes attempting to exploit vulnerable populations during the Covid-19 health crisis.
These scams include but are not limited to:
Treatment Scams: Scammers selling fake cures/treatments for Covid-19
Supply Scams: Fake shops, websites, and social media accounts offering to sell medical supplies, sanitizers, and cleaning supplies.
Charity Scams: Soliciting donations for individuals and groups affected by Covid-19.
Phishing Scams: Scammers posing as national and global health authorities send phishing emails with target information attachments to trick people into giving personal information.
Interested in learning how to protect yourself, neighbor, or loved one? Download our Fact sheet to learn how to protect yourself from scammers.
Using Instacart to order groceries online
Click the file below for a printable instruction handout